Don't forget:

Check out my other blogs

Thursday 9 December 2010

Part Two

I woke up to sunlight flooding through the window. I had fallen asleep on the floor.

As I got to my feet, everything seemed normal, Maybe it was just a nightmare. I reached for the light switch.

'Click!'


The room was flooded in light. I clicked the switch again and it went off.

"OK," I said, "I'm normal. It was just a dream."

I got in the shower. And sparks began to flood over me.

I screamed out in pain. . . But it didn't hurt.

I buried my head in my hands.

It wasn't a dream.

I spent the majority of my day alone, trying not to draw attention to myself and luckily my 'powers' didn't act up or give me away.

In fact they didn't show up for a few days, just as I thought I was becoming normal again, they reappeared.

I was walking home again, and I stepped in a puddle. Just then they popped into my head again, and sparks began to fly everywhere.

"Uh-oh."

I stared down at my foot, still in the puddle, the sparks were becoming less and less and i watched until they were gone.

"OK," I said, "I'm not normal. But I'm gonna have some fun."

Still staring down at my foot I began to focus. I was staring at it, not daring to blink, willing all my energy into my foot and out into the puddle.

My foot started to tingle. I could feel something stirring. I was going to create a giant puddle of sparks.

Finally I released.

A single spark fell pathetically from the top of my toe.

I walked home, annoyed at myself.

"Stupid powers!"

No comments:

Post a Comment